Yahoo!’s Search Marketing’s latest iteration, code named Panama, was released early in 2007. It’s now launching in SEA (South East Asia).
Had a meeting last Friday with MJ from Yahoo Search (he was Google Korea’s first employees), who briefed us about the launching of Yahoo Panama in South East Asia. Here are the key takeaways:
- Yahoo Panama search marketing system is going to launch on 29th April (tomorrow), after which there won’t be CPM based search marketing in SEA.
- There are three levels of Yahoo search sales representatives avaialble:
- Reseller, who can’t touch big advertisers
- Online sales
- Direct sales
- Panama system language: English only.
- Minimum spending: US$1,000
- Currency: US dollar only.
- Turn around time for proposal: within 3 days
- During the first week of launch, there won’t be estimates (e.g. search volume) available.
- Content match would be available at the end of May
- For big advertisers, there would be monthly statistics provided.
I’ll be in Hong Kong for business meetings for the next two days. When I return, I would finish my piece of introducing you some excellent online trend tools. Happy Labor’s Day, btw. =)