Last Updated on
C-level executives are stepping up their own involvement in shaping and driving digital strategies, shown in a recent McKinsey survey. Executives surveyed list digital customer engagement as top strategic priority, who report notable progress since deploying engagement practices in 2012.
The survey found the top six digital customer engagement practices deployed at scale across enterprises this year:
- Positioning and branding material consistently across online and offline channels
- Using advanced customer targeting to advertise
- Making personalised information or targeted offers accessible online
- Engaging customers through social-media channels before, during or after a sale
- Creating branded applications and games for the web or mobile devices
- Running experiments on web site to test effectiveness of messages and offers
It usually takes enterprises quite some time to develop a fit digital strategy for the organisation where support and leadership from senior management are essential.