I introduced BuzzMonitor and Google Alerts which you can use to monitor the buzz about your company or products in the Internet. Today, I came across an aggregation of 26 tools from Marketing Pilgrim for buzz monitoring. Here is my top 5 favorites:
- Google news. Monitor the news about your products or company.
- Blogpulse conversation tracker (a service of Nielsen BuzzMetrics). Track the negative buzz.
- Boardtracker. Monitor the buzz around the discussion board.
- Oodle. Find out what positions your competitors are recruiting and get a feel about their operation strategies.
- Yahoo’s Upcoming. Find out competition events which may jeopardize your marketing efforts.
What’s more, I want to introduce you Competitious:
Having accurate information about competitors is vital to your company’s ability to maintain its competitive advantage. With a structured way to manage competitive knowledge, your company can maximize opportunity in your market while minimizing the threat of current and potential competitors. Competitious is an easy, confidential way to discover and share competitive information collaboratively across your organization, and keep your company competitive.
“confidential” may not be true. I found out that there was someone monitoring Make Meaning using Competitious. How? He or she clicked on the link to my blog on that Competitious page. So, the last thing you want to do when you use Competitious is clicking the monitored links.