Language barrier is a big problem in searching for information across the whole web. Google launched a new feature on Google Translate that enables you to search websites in another language. You can search for something in your own language and search the web in another language:
This is a very useful feature to your business. Here are 7 tips:
- Look for trade show or exhibitions in other regions to promote your products using your own language. For example, if you look for “electronic trade show” in China to promote your product, you can do: “Search for: electronic trade show; My language: English; Find results in: Chinese“.
Let’s take a look at the translated results:
and the original results are shown in the right column:
The results are good enough for you to figure out where and when the trade show would be held. Be creative to make full use of the Google Translate feature.
- Find competitors’ information in a different region.
- Find out the competition environment of your industry in another region before you expand your business.
- Source for material, components, or products from another region like China.
- Look for potential partners in a different region.
- Find out rules and regulations in another region. For example, search for “export regulation” in Chinese results returned a satisfied page in the first position from China’s Ministry of Commerce.
- Explore the consumers’ perception about your product in another region.
What else can you think of?