Last Updated on
“Conversion Rate”, either online leads or sales, is no doubt the most important online marketing goal. Having driven traffic to your site, what can you do to improve the conversion rate? These are 11 ways you can do; feel free to add anything else you can think of to share in the comment.
- Usability Test. This is the most important test. You need to know whether your site works fine in different browsers, whether it loads fast, whether it help visitors to find what they need (like an on-site search box),… Get a usability expert; it’s worth it.
- Multivariable Testing. This is what Google Website Optimizer enables you to do, testing multiple changes simultaneously to find the best combination of website elements.
- A/B testing, or split testing, one element on a web page is compared to a variety of single-variable test samples in order to find a better performing one. In many occasions this is what’s needed compared to multivariable testing.
- Web Analytics. With web analytics, you can find out what and where your visitors click, where they leave the site, which pages have very high bounce rate, and etc.
- Heatmap. Web heatmap has been used for displaying areas of a Web page most frequently scanned by visitors. Try out CrazyEgg.
- Live chat. Put a live chat box on your site; get instant feedback from your visitors and improve the site accordingly.
- Online Feedback. Ask for feedback from your visitors. I recommend 4Q tool and Kampyle.
- Online Survey. SurveyMonkey is one very good online survey tool I have been used for a long time.
- Competitors Site. Learn from your competitors; don’t just copy everything.
- Testimonials. Add testimonials from satisfied customers and the media.
- Logos. Not just your company logo but logos to reassure the visitors like Verisign Certificate, BBBOnline, HackerSafe, Trust-E,… and even your well known partners.
Feel free to add more ways in the comment.