I’ve no experience in TV advertising. But many marketers found TV advertising less effective in the past two years. A TV & Technology study found that:
- 62% of marketers say TV advertising has become less effective in the past two years.
- 87% of respondents say they intend to spend more on web advertising this year.
- Close to half of the advertisers surveyed have already started to experiment with new ad types to work with DVRs and VOD programs.
- 87% of advertisers say branded entertainment will play a stronger role in TV advertising in the coming year.
- Advertisers are eager to try new ad formats, including ads in online TV shows (65%), ads embedded in VOD (55%), interactive television ads (43%), and ads within the set top box menu (32%).
- Over 50% of marketers report that when half of all TV households use DVRs, they will cut spending on TV advertising by 12%.
- 72% of marketers are very interested in having individual commercial ratings rather than average commercial ratings.