Now you are about to launch a brand, before you broadcast it out, are there things you need to do as part of online strategies? Definitely plenty of.
- Domain name. Register the top level domain names .com, .org, .net, and all country specific ones (like .com.sg, .sg, …) wherever you expect your brand’s presence. I know you are probably facing a list of dozens of if not hundreds of domain names to register; but, you may regret it if you don’t. Remember this, not just the exact brand name but different variations and combinations with your company names and product categories.
- Trademark. Unless you are not serious about the brand you are about to launch, there’s no reason you don’t trademark it in all your markets you care. This is not only helpful when there’s trademark infringement issue but also valuable when you run PPC campaigns; you can protect your brand terms from being bid on by your competitors.
- Search Engines. You want to make sure, the moment you launch your branding campaigns and some people look for you, they can find your official website in search engines. To do that, you need to optimize your site for search engines and at the same time, you can run PPC ads on your brand terms.
- Websites. Besides usability and content, make sure your websites deliver the same marketing message as that of your off-line campaigns like TV ads and outdoor display.
- Social Network. An overwhelming majority (88%) of marketers in a recent survey say they are now using some form of social media to market their business. Register on social networking websites with your brand names whether or not you have a strategy in mind yet for that specific social network. The ideal case is to register on all social sites; you can easily do that with knowem.com for $64.95.
Be proactive and it saves a lot more trouble if you do.