In reality, marketing is complicated. But, most marketers proceed a marketing process like this:
- Understand what the market and customers need and want
- Define a customer driven marketing strategy
- Put together a marketing program
- Build customer relationships
This century, Internet has become part of life. I’m disappointed when some marketers talked like “internet” is none of their business but the responsibility of the IT department.
Marketers can understand better what their customers want and need from the Internet.
- Conduct survey online
- Use keyword tool to find out what customers are looking for and the search insights
- Go to relevant online discussion boards or forums to see what people are interested
- Monitor the conversations people talk about your brand and respond quickly
- Do the sentiment analysis
- Identify the trends
- Engage your customers in social media
Merge internet to your marketing process and make good use of it. Don’t separate yourself from the online world; don’t separate your marketing process either even if you don’t have an “online” before “marketing manager/director” title.