- Google XML Sitemaps : Essential FAQ [Search Engine Journal]
- Plotting the Effects of your PPC Changes [Apple Pie & Custard]
Imagine you could plot the effects of every single change to your PPC campaign on a graph. Youâ€™d be able to view instantly whether that bid your raised on Friday evening before leaving the office has paid off
- Google AdWords Insertion Tag List [Search Engine Roundtable]
- Landing page load time now affects keywords’ Quality Scores [Google]
“Keywords with landing pages that load slowly may get lower Quality Scores (and thus higher minimum bids). Conversely, keywords with landing pages that load very quickly may get higher Quality Scores and lower minimum bids.”
- Google Leads in Mobile Search [Marketing Charts]
“Google leads in mobile internet search provider share (61% in the first quarter of 2008), followed by Yahoo (18%) and MSN (5%), according to Nielsen Mobile, which also released data on commerce conducted via mobile devices.”
- The Word of Mouth Manual, Volume II by Dave Balter [via How To Change the World]
FREE PDF version
- Measuring social media – a minefield without metrics [E-Consultancy]
“Marketers need to establish industry-wide best practices first and understand what they want to achieve, before tying down the metrics. “
- Growing Experiment in Interactive TV Advertising [NT Times]
The test offers viewers programs â€” and ads â€” they can respond to by using remote controls to click on icons they see on their screens.
- 100 Personal Branding Tactics Using Social Media [ChrisBrogan]
- ABCs of Email Rendering [MediaPost]
- Interactive Banner Advertising Converts to Leads [Zac Johnson]
“The concept of this banner was to have the visitor answer a question (check box) from within the banner, then walk them through a couple extra questions, while the offers would pop open in a new browser. “
- Online Travel Query Content is Changing [Hitwise]
“The largest chunk of branded searches were searches for inventory owners, such as airlines and hotels, and map websites, such as MapQuest and Google Maps.”
- 1.2 Billion Mobile Subscribers! [eMarketer]
eMarketer estimates that BRIC will account for nearly 1.2 billion mobile phone subscribers this year.
- Internet marketing boosts traditional routes [BizReport]
Thirty-three percent of consumers surveyed by the DMA were found to respond positively to email and 44% expressed similar feelings about direct mail marketing.
- Chinese Bloggers Really Are Edgy [WSJ]
“Western journalists often write about the ability of Chinese bloggers to challenge authority and provide an alternative voice to the propaganda that often fills Chinaâ€™s official news media. How accurate is that description across Chinaâ€™s vast blogosphere?”
- 160 million Online Video Users in China [China Web2.0]
According to the report, there are already 160 million online video users in China by the end of 2007.