Search Engine Marketing
- Robots Exclusion Protocol for Yahoo!, Google and Microsoft [Yahoo Search Blog]
The following are all the major REP features currently implemented by Google, Microsoft and Yahoo!. Each of these directives can be specified to be applicable for all crawlers or for specific crawlers by targeting them to specific user-agents, which is how any crawler identifies itself.
- Google AdWords Editor [Google]
Version 6.0 offers new and updated features to help you edit your AdWords campaigns faster and more effectively.
- Bad SEO Techniques That Will Hurt Your Google Rankings [Search Engine Journal]
“As you begin to move onto more advanced SEO topics, you will undoubtedly uncover some techniques that sound like a good idea, but are really just dumb.”
- 26 Mistakes That Cost You [Search Engine People]
“Here are the most common mistakes that I see when we take over a Small Business PPC Campaign.”
Social Media Marketing
- Marketers, Don’t Just Blindly Follow Latest Media Trends [Ad Age]
Why ‘Because All the Cool Kids Are Doing It’ Isn’t a Good Excuse for Running to Nontraditional Media
- Who’s Doing Video Right? [iMedia]
A number of brands are producing original online video, but not all the content is hitting the mark. See why Suave and Sprint get it, and why Bank of America does not.
- MarketingSherpaâ€™s Viral Marketing Hall of Fame 2008: Top 10 Campaigns & Results Data
If youâ€™re in need of some viral viral marketing inspiration, look no further. Here are this yearâ€™s inductees into MarketingSherpaâ€™s Viral Marketing Hall of Fame.
- How to Effectively Buy Into Facebook: Social Ads [ClickZ]
You’ve established a presence for your brand on Facebook. Your new Facebook Page represents an additional channel through which consumers can effectively connect with your company and products.
- The Five Essential Elements of Effective Social Media Marketing [Copyblogger]
Bob Hoffman is the CEO of a traditional advertising agency, and he raised some valid points about true interactivity online.
- Generation Y – Welcome To Their World [ReadWriteWeb]
Here’s a glimpse into the world of Gen Y and how they’re using technology.
- What Types of Ads Are Better for Social Media Websites?
- Three steps to better email campaigns [BizReport]
An immediate and personalized welcome email is the perfect first step.
- Track online impact of Google TV Ads using Google Analytics [Google]
Now, you can track the online impact of your TV campaigns through your Google Analytics account.
- How To Design Effective Online Display Image Ads
Eyes not only draw attention but also guide attention.
- Google Trends update [Google]
You can now see numbers on the graph download to a spreadsheet.
- Internet Advertising Revenues Estimated to Pass $21 Billion in 2007 [IAB]
According to the IAB’s recent Internet Advertising Report, online ad revenues in the US reached $21.2 billion in 2007. This is an increase of 26% for the year.
- Paperless Coupon Usage on the Rise [Experian]
According to the Hitwise data, U.S. consumer searches on the term “coupons” has increased 48% comparing to searches for the week ending 3/22/08 versus 3/24/2007.
- Mobile Social Networks Embraced by Millenials [InStat]
Blogging, photo and video sharing, location-based socialization services, games, SMS, and IM will eventually be combined to afford the mobile user the entire social networking experience from a handset application, the high-tech market research firm says.
- Mobile Web 2.0: Gen Y embraces mobile social networks [Computer World]
People born between the years 1981 and 2000, or “millenials,” are leading the move to mobile social networks and Mobile Web 2.0, which includes cell phone-based blogging, multimedia sharing, location-based socialization services, gaming and chat, according to new research.
- Is MSN Messenger An Effective Media for All Singapore Advertisers?
1.6 billion messages are sent out from instant messengers monthly, as Singaporeans spend hours online at work and at home. Does it mean you should advertise on IM?
More on Digital Strategies
Search Engine Marketing The New SEO Perspective on Flash [ClickZ] "Flash may not be the most ideal scenario for search engines, but there's often a strong rationale for not abandoning it. There ...READ MORE
Search Engine Marketing The Ultimate Guide To Search Marketing Optimization Part 2 & SpyFu Competitive SEM Karate [Search Engine Land] Motoko Hunt on Search Engine Optimization in Japan [Blogoscoped] Social Media, PR & ...READ MORE
News Dell has selected WPP Group to co-create a stand-alone agency [PRWeek] Dell to form agency with WPP to handle all marketing; will invest $4.5 billion over three years Compete Inc released Behavior ...READ MORE
Search Engine Marketing On-Site Geo-Targeting and Local Search Optimization [Search Engine Journal] Ten Ways to Waste Your PPC Budget [ClickZ] What Should You do When Quality Score Kills Your Keywords? [Search Engine Land] Web ...READ MORE